Queeries would love to have your voice as a residential writer.
Becoming a residential writer is a volunteer position, but the schedule is controlled by the author and isn’t rigorous and is a deeply enriching experience. If you’ve ever felt let down by other publications because of their ineptitude to handle LGBTQIA+ centered content.
In return for committing to a residential stay with our blog, you’ll:
- be connected to a web of amazing LGBTQIA+ identified artists
- be given a consistent platform to share your work that will be broadcasted through all of our social media and mailing list
- guaranteed publication in our digital and printed quarterly zine
- advertisement of your achievements and projects beyond Queeries on our social media
- editorial critique and support from the Editor
To apply you must be:
- LGBTQIA+ identified in any way. You do not need to “prove” this but please do not consider us if you aren’t LGBTQIA+
- An artist or writer in any capacity – description left purposefully vague as many projects and work can be considered art.
- At least 18 years old.
- Able to commit to a submission to our quarterly seasonal zine
- Able to commit to your own self made posting schedule which is decided by the artist every season.
- Able to use a WordPress formatted website and self edit and upload submissions. However, If you have challenges using WordPress or are unfamiliar, please let us know in the questions/comments section your submission. We will still consider you.
Please note that no prior blogging experience is needed! We accept writers based on ability to commit to our schedules and passion they have for their work and if we like what you’re looking to produce, we’ll help see you to success.
How it works:
We accept new residential writers on en batch quarterly. You may submit at any time within the quarter to be considered for next quarter/season. Our schedule for new submissions is as follow:
OUR NEXT SEASON RUNS: December 2019-March 2020. SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 5th, 2019. YOU WILL HEAR BACK FROM US BY: November 29th, 2019.
We respond to all applicants. If you do not get a confirmation of submission within 1 week, contact us. If you do not receive a decision by November 30th, contact us.
If you are interested in becoming a residential writer, please fill out the contact form below before our currently listed submission deadline. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us through email@example.com.